Tuesday, October 22, 2013

And here we are, another day and yet stupid has already shown it's face to me twice in an hour and a half, it's not even noon yet. Before I revelate for the day let me explain a few things about me. First- I've spent years biting my tongue or turning the other cheek because I was taught to do so, even when I heard cruel things being said to others or myself and just kept my mouth shut, no opinions uttered about it either.
Second, I was raised Southern Baptist, anyone who knows how hardcore those believers are will get me when I go on about the "thumpers/fundies", because they drive me insane with their endless parroted rants about GOD.
Third, I've become sarcastically jaded over the last decade and my opinion is just that, mine. If you don't like what I'm typing on this blog, don't read it. My choice is to put it on a publicly read forum, your choice to read or avoid. Anyhow, here we go.....

This morning I'm standing at one of three windows in this tiny apartment watching the world go by. One of the cats is vying for my attention and I notice two men walking down the sidewalk on the other side of the street carrying "briefcases". I know immediately upon seeing these men that they are our biweekly fundies that knock on the doors to invite people to the church up the street. I've had more than my share of meeting some of these people face to face and they refuse to acknowledge that anything other than their way of belief to be right, not even as a remote possibility, which makes me start a different debate with them over what their god's name is..and simply they can not. Those of you that walk that "horrible evil you're going to hell path" know where I'm going with that part, so I'm leaving it as is and moving on.
So I'm watching these men walk like human versions of what turtles would look like with two legs walk up a driveway and then stand there staring at a dog in the yard barking away at them. My dark humour wanted to yell out the window to pray for God to make that dog be quiet so they can knock on the door and peddle some religion this morning, but I didn't, just watched and snickered.
I'm such a petty muck I crack myself up daily with the things I would love to tell people and just keep it to myself in that silent film running 24/7 in my head.
The gate opens and one of the men that live there at that house come out and head towards their truck, when I see one of those "briefcase carrying" men leap at him. I swear he must have been about a foot off the ground like he was trying to win a blue ribbon at the Olympics for high jump. The resident holds out his hand and takes what seems to be a paper from Mister Leaper and then goes to his truck and drives off. I'm assuming at this point they must be pretty proud of that because they start smiling and laughing, then those men turn around and start the turtle walk to the next house and stand there looking around. I have to say, when I see people that I really don't acknowledge as belonging on this street meandering around and then looking all over the place the first thing that comes to my mind is they are up to no good, which in these guys case, they are in a sense. After about 3 or 4 minutes they slowly walk up to the porch of this house, and I watch one of those men knock six or seven times (yes i counted them because they knock that much on my own door at times) all over that door plus ring a doorbell, and then he just walks off not even waiting to see if the door gets answered.
They leave that yard and start up the sidewalk again to a locked gate and one of them actually tries to figure out how they are going to get into that locked up yard by pulling on the chain across the fence gate. I swear it was like watching dumb and dumber- the religious version, because one of them had already started to squat like he was going to go through the opening underneath the chain when he looked up and then came back up again. I petted him in my head saying smart boy, even though you're stupid for attempting that..ahem cackle cackle..okay what else are these men going to amuse me with. Next house is only on the other side of that driveway and they stand there looking around when one of them sees me watching them from my window and well you guessed it. They both started walking really fast away from that next house.
I sat waiting with baited breath for that knock to come so I could open the door and swing the broom out because I just felt like being devious but they never came. Hahahaha...dangit I missed a chance to play early Halloween pinata.

Please don't assume, yes I said please, that I am a hateful God hating hippie that only loves the devil stuff. That's hardly my cause or story. I'm just fed up with stupid in all shape and form, religion too. Trust me there are some really stupid Atheists and Pagans out there so yeah it's not what religion one is, it's that lack of brain spark.

No comments:

Post a Comment