Thursday, October 31, 2013

Let's discuss those neighbors you live around who insist on playing their television or radios and stereos at the decibel sound of a rocket taking off from NASA launching pads.
Seriously? It takes little effort to make sure you're not broadcasting to everyone around you with that sound. That car/truck/van you love driving around in is awesome ain't it? How about that radio blasting out the 80's/country/tejano music you love so much! I'm not a fan..sorry but I shouldn't have to subjected to you destroying what's left of my ear drums, and trust me after a decade of Judas Priest cranked up in my ears through headphones, my hearing is not so good, but I hear your crap blaring away all day or night.
This building I live in has horrible acoustics, leaving it where you hear everything going on in the other units, more than you want to hear sometimes (leaving that one to your imagination). For four years there has always been that one neighbor that has moved in and started immediately with the noise factor. The television channel on news or hallelujah shows set to volume 1000 for my pleasure..ugh! That radio/stereo system that they have all sworn they don't have, yet I hear it cranking out extremely loud versions of CCR at 3 am in the morning and you're stumbling all over my ceiling. Sure officer I just made that up because I'm "that kind of person" who just loves making my neighbors miserable complaining to the police about them "living their life". *eyeroll*
That doesn't even take into count the stomping or yelling these idiots do with and to their friends, on the phone, or in general to their invisible friends/enemies.

The current one that's annoying me is this kid above me, and I say kid because at my dinosaur age of 47, if you're younger than 35 you're a kid to me. Anyways, he had been living above us for a week before the hubby and I were even aware he was up there, we never noticed the walking around upstairs on a floor that has echo sound like crazy, nor did we hear a car pulling up or a squeak from a tv or radio at all. The last three months while I was dealing with crazy neighbor from hell level 12, this kid above me never made any noise at all, he was beyond quiet which made me wonder if he ever did anything at all past coming and going. This past month there has been the grand assault of loud game music and sounds of gunfire from what I'm assuming is a first person shooter game like Halo or Black Ops (I don't play those games but I've watched my husband play them and they're noisy).  Then there is this new person hanging around up there too which adds to the noise factor. There is more than enough music and television sound coming through my ceiling that makes me want to stomp upstairs and ask if they are aware there are other people who live here that might be trying to relax without being forced to deal with that sound. I have to force myself these days to just ignore it the best I can because I can't trust myself anymore to not play "wring the chicken neck" for the ridiculous ignorance of others around them.

I'm aware that over the years I've become very uncomfortable to noise and it irritates me to a point that I will speak up about it to the offender or a landlord. There have been other times I've resorted to calling the police out to handle it because I might get aggressive about it, which in my opinion nobody is worth going to jail over. Then I get to deal with someone who is angry at me for calling the cops on them when they were driving me up the wall making noise that in my opinion is unacceptable, nobody should be forced to endure it and yet we are. The old landlord up until the recent month always told me it was part of living in apartments, to "just deal with it". What he failed to understand or acknowledge is the fact that it could very well be a problem, but I was just blown off as a "nag like his wife who whines and complains about everything". How do I know he said that? My own husband told me this which made me even madder that I was having to deal with an unruly person living above me.

When we first moved here, I was glad to finally be somewhere that I didn't have to deal with random adults and children always trying to look through the windows, sitting in the window sills, banging at the windows, knocking on the door, jiggling the doorknobs, or trying to come into my apartment (that nightmare actually happened at the last place I lived and I don't know why they did it). It was so nice to finally have a porch to sit on and enjoy the weather, nature, relax and get my zen on, but the couple upstairs made it quite clear to me from the second day that it would not be so for me. The man always asked me what I was doing and anything I had with me he wanted to know where I got it, how much it cost, and then blabbed about things in general that were of no concern to me. His wife, from the minute I opened my door would pop her head out over the railing and "hi neighbor" me. At first I found it cute until it got to be every time the door opened, and then the barrage of questions, where am I going, have I bought anything lately, am I drinking coffee, and other weird questions thrown at me that made me stop going outside, and when I did I ran to do what I had to do and ran back to the door again to hide from both of them. That's no way to live and here I was thinking wtf is going on where I can't even walk out my own damn door without the twenty questions game from people I have no interest in knowing or being friends with. You gotta wonder about your own sanity when you find yourself wanting to engage in a fist fight with somebody because they finally pushed that button with you, and yet you know if you do it, you're the one who goes to jail not the bully. That couple moved out and I could finally breathe a sigh of relief of being able to open my door without fear of being assaulted by nosy behavior. I was hoping that the next tenant that moved in wouldn't be so nosy or loud, but my luck said yeah right think again.
Two months later, in moves what is only referred to me now as the batshit crazy neighbor from hell, and that's being too nice for words describing that one. Imagine an older female with no kids, and only a couple of people there with her moving in furniture from a small trailer hitch, they seem nice, not even loud while moving in, and you think now this is how it's supposed to be. Not even a week later you realize how dead wrong you were as you listen to this loud shrieking banshee going on and on about a party across the street and how they're bothering her inside her apartment making all that "boomdeboom music". That was just a small taste of what was to come as she spent months screaming at people for pulling into our driveway to turn around (we live on a dead end street), she doesn't recognize them as living there at the apartments so they need to "move that piece of shit car before she has it towed on them", telling all the brown skinned people they need to "move the fuck back to Mexico" (I guess it never even occurred to her that some of those brown skin people live in other countries), hearing her constantly talk shit about me to every one around us that would listen because I was a horrible satan worshipper who put graffiti all over the property and accused her of beating on her dog before she killed it (words she made up from me telling her if I had seen her hitting on her dog over a trivial incident I would report her to the authorities), and various other rants from her that kept me cringing and jumping all day or night. Anytime this bitch would start making noise I wrote it down in a notebook to show the landlord what she was doing, including her phone call to the police over me "smoking marijuana in my apartment and having a bunch of people in and out of my apartment all the time" (something that to this day still eludes me as in did she see ghosts coming and going or was she herself partaking in the ganja and tripping out on it). Literally we had no people coming to our apartment except for my youngest daughter about once a month or so, the maintenance people, our acting manager who takes the rent money, but party people I must have missed because it would  have been nice to have people over for fun. *wink*

That's all for now about the noise makers that annoy me to no end. Enjoy your Halloween folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment