Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The phone rang this morning around 9:30 am, which normally wouldn't have woke me up but since the weather got cooler I've been sleeping in longer than normal, or maybe I just need the rest. I answered the phone and this lady asks me if she can talk to the owner of the house to which my reply is we don't own a house. She then responds with "it's okay, do you rent?"
I can't stand these kind of phone calls anyways because it always leads up to buy this, support that, we're doing a survey of the area, don't forget to vote, blah blah blah..boring!
Anyways I bite my tongue and ask what it is she needs and I get "I need to talk to the owner of this phone number". Technically it belongs to Comcast, that's who we pay the bill to for the bundle package, but I'm thinking this idiot isn't gonna understand what that means so I tell her I have no clue who owns the phone number.
You would think this makes the conversation over right? Nope. She has to ask me where she can get in touch with the owner of the number and now my patience is gone. My final response is this "are you really that stupid or do you not get that someone obviously answered the phone and why I'm still talking to you I have no idea, but take this number off your list." That should take care of it for another 24 hours. After that, they always call again, same person or a new person and it's the same redundant go around.

Another pet peeve of mine, those pesky phone calls coming in from operated computer systems that only respond to human voices, then hang up on you, or someone tells you to hold the line. Bill collectors like to be sly in their approach. How do I know this? Well let's just say I owe money for a few services/products over the years that have had bill collectors calling me to attempt shaming me or guilt tripping me into paying that bill "today by phone with my credit card". Yeah right, I have a credit card at my disposal right now to charge that debt on so I can go charge that one up and owe money again to yet another company. *eyeroll*

A man called our number last week and I listened to my husband tell him he has no clue what he's asking, and I can hear the man's voice on the other end get louder. That cracks me up and I find myself stating how ironic is it when someone says they don't understand something, the idiot talking raises their voice as if sounding louder will make it understood. Shake your head on that one, go ahead do it.
He has to tell this man that we don't vote (we chose not to vote for personal reasons a few years ago), and then tell him it's not of his business why we don't vote, hangs up the phone and goes back to watching tv when the phone rings again. I pick it up and there is a man asking me for some name I have no idea who that person is, and when I tell him there's no one here named that he asks me what my name is and I tell him that I don't play that game what does he want. His question again, "do you vote?"
I can't help it, that kind of repeat calling is irritating, so I inform this man that I'm aware he called about two minutes ago and the answer is still the same as it was when he talked to my husband, stop calling our number and then I hang up the phone.

Most of the calls we watch that come through our caller id have a million freaking numbers showing up. Sorry I don't know anyone calling from that star location.
A city calls, a building calls, never shows a company name or name in general. We've had this number for less than a month and it's been spam calls every day by the same phone numbers at least twice a day and every day including Sundays.

Bill collectors use that "I'm your best friend" approach, until they slam out the whole "the reason I'm calling you is the account for such-n-such company shows a debt you owe for "x amount of money", how would you like to pay that today?"
Damn, I didn't win the lottery again, thanks for telling me that I owe money, I was completely unaware of that. It's not like I have been worrying my ass off about how soon I can find work and try to get it paid off when I can finally get cash relief, but nooooooooo you wanna call me every other day and bug the hell out of me to remind me about this. It's going to ruin my credit? Wow, I had no idea there were more than 4 credit bureaus. You seem shocked I knew that? Duh..I know how the credit lines work so piss off.
You want me to pay a low amount of $350 a month and that's as low as your manager will allow you to go for my account owed on? My offering of $90 was just not good enough if I can't make good on that other number you threw at me. Am I aware of garnishments to wages? Really? I thought you guys just showed up one day out of the blue and took my donations from each pay until it's paid off. Pfffftttt *eyeroll*

Can you tell I'm such a fan of the bill collection agency and stupid phone calls that come in that end up in pissing me off, hanging up on me, telling me I've won some bogus prize, etc. This is why we kept away from the landlines, but now we have no choice so there's another form of stupid I get to deal with from time to time.

I can't even imagine having to be on the other side of that kind of job, but I've found myself applying to a few of them while looking for work. I have no pride when it comes to what it takes to earn a buck, within reasons of what's legal and healthy.

Waddles off to pet my hurt ego from those mean collectors threatening to report me to all seven credit bureaus..boo hoo...yeah wtfe bitches

Snickering here because they assume I'm going to be so upset, that I will run off to my imaginary bank account and pull that money out of it to pay "right now". I wonder though, can you deposit turnips into a make believe account or just the blood you get out of them? ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment