Monday, November 4, 2013

I know I'm far from hideous and yet the look some people cast glances my way make me wonder exactly what they're seeing. I haven't dressed up for anything since January of this year and that was very awkward for me, but the looks from other people made me feel completely naked.

If there had been a manual telling me that once I got into my 30's that there were going to be changes to both my appearance and attitude I would have laughed or slapped somebody into "reality". Never the less it happened and there I was telling myself "you can do this, we're not vain, we can age gracefully". Bullshit...I spent a few years dying my hair and trying wrinkle creams to reduce crows feet and finally gave up and decided cream and lotion on my face was good enough. Then enters that hag face (yep I said hag).

When I approach someone to talk about one of many things I find my mouth blurting out, I always observe the expressions of those I'm talking to, and it ranges from what seems to be hiding laughter to terrified looks of wanting to run away. Even the manager of this apartment property gets that terrified look when I say hi to her while walking near her building. It is literally not in my nature to abruptly charge up to anyone and just start nagging or complaining, but I will make a request or discuss something going on that I find is disturbing the peace. In my opinion if you're the manager and I'm telling you there's a problem it means there's a problem for me, not take your time and decide whether it is or not. That one lack of judgement has caused me to deal with harassing behavior for two years through tenants that were never told cut it out, even after police were called out for it.

Point in case, this newish neighbor upstairs. He's a quiet kid, but his brother is very noisy and that's usually the one I have to talk to about spitting off the balcony or bouncing down the staircase where it rattles. Why do I do this? Because the spitting has hit me in the arm and near my feet a couple of times, and if you actually pay attention to what's going on, don't you check to make sure there isn't anyone in your targeted area for spitting, and what's wrong with actually spitting over the edge of the railing, not onto the porch you walk on. I swear this generation beneath me are stupid. That's gonna offend some kids, but if they saw how their peers really are they would see the freaking zombie apocalypse walking around all damn day with a cell phone stuck in their ear or texting when they're not paying attention to shit but a screen. Gee no wonder you have wrecks or damn near kill someone, bump into people, knock shit over, or trip on your shadow, you're not paying attention.
Grumble grumble gripe! I'm sure my mom and grandmother's generations said that about my peers, because we were pretty stupid in our own way. At least I can admit that, but these kids now? Shake my head and shake it some more and still it makes no sense..that's why I call them gen wtf, not gen x or gen y, they're grouped together in one category.

So back to the point here, I had to go outside this morning and tell the brother of the kid upstairs to please not turn the radio or tv up so loud because it was really loud in my apartment all night. I wasn't rude although I wanted to snarl at him, but I do find that upon approaching most people with a calm attitude and non aggression, you can discuss a situation without any feelings getting hurt or defense mechanisms going up. I had to tell him that I didn't want to seem like an asshole, and he probably noticed how crappy the insulation in these apartments are, but please try to remember to turn the sound down just a little bit. I even said thank you to him after that request. I didn't say anything about it keeping me awake all night because that would go unnoticed, plus I have to at least seem polite in a request of turn the damn shit down. He's never laughed at me or rolled his eyes like a few others have in the past when I made similar requests, and always says yes ma'am to me. Now I don't know if he's really meaning that or doing it to patronize me until he walks away dying laughing at my "crazy old bitch" self, but wtfe.

I would love a freeze time weapon and a set of road tacks to put up in the street a little further up to deal with the punk who is always racing up and down the street, squealing his tires, burning rubber and honking his horn. That's just not necessary and every day at 4:30 pm on cue, the fucker shows up and does all of his act. I really just wanna blow him up or watch him wreck his precious so I can laugh.

I don't really care what the people are doing as long as it's not interfering with my zen, aka bothering me with extreme noise. The police don't seem to care either because now they have it set up where if only one person calls to complain it's not a problem, it has to be at least two addresses complaining before they will show up to address the issue. Total bullshit but hey whatever, I guess one day I'll go over to the offender and play smashy smashy with a baseball bat and see how the police like me now lol. I know I shouldn't because it's just mean, but sometimes man, sometimes......

They also pull that crap in the parking lots too, but there I yell at them or flip them off because I'm daring them to step up to me. Not sure what I'll do but crazy always seems to figure out something to confuse them or smack them around a bit, it's worked for me before. My earned title "you're fucking crazy" serves me well when I feel that rage popping out and then I start laughing. If you don't know anyone who has done this before let me explain what usually happens. That crazy laughter tends to make crowds dissipate as in the people clear away from you, no eye contact, and if you stare at them really hard, they actually cringe. The children tend to wave and giggle at you though because they think it's funny. Well it is in a way, you've just decided to hell with standards I'm gonna be a cackling lunatic today while I'm shopping or putting gas into my car. ^_^

Never a dull moment when the adventure into Stupidville comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment