Friday, November 22, 2013

I understand that there are times when we might not be able to understand another person when they are talking to us, and often ask them to repeat them self to clarify, but to just not pay attention is no excuse.
Yesterday while waiting on an appointment to be scheduled, I had the displeasure of talking to a moron who left me wondering just how she got that job. I waited almost an hour to be called back just to make the appointment and here I was answering twenty million questions about my information, marriage status, and patient return/new status when she finally gets around to the question of what I'm actually calling for. I'm not saying I was exactly polite when the words "grit my teeth and explain very slowly" is what happened, but there were no cuss words or insults thrown directly at her.
I had to repeat myself three times to the same person that my reason for calling was to schedule an appointment for the beginning of January to see a doctor and get medication prescriptions renewed.
I kept hearing parroted comments back to me about "okay you need to see a doctor, but you can talk to a pharmacist about the medication", which was pissing me off as I thought how in the hell are you not hearing what I'm saying?! She tried twice to schedule me appointments for yesterday and a day next week to which I had to take a deep breathe and say the last time before I knew my version of nice would be gone "I don't need an appointment today, or next week, I asked for January. I have no gas money or a way to get to a clinic if I wanted to, I asked for January."
Here I am thinking how hard can it be to schedule a freaking appointment but lucky me got Miss I'm dumber than a box of thumb tacks over here asking me shit that's irrelevant to my request. I'm definitely talking to someone when I go into the clinic next time about who I can call to report incompetent employees who don't listen when someone calls into the system. The YAM award goes to Miss Whatshername who can't listen clearly and should probably buy a box of q-tips to clean out her ears. Ugh!
If you're going to talk to me face to face or over the phone, pay attention. My name isn't hard to say or pronounce yet it's always mispronounced all over the place. I've called them morons, dumb fucks, idjits, and more creative words simply over a name, because I'm just that petty and a big ole bitch about it! Listen to what I'm actually saying, it's okay to ask me to repeat myself within reason but keep asking me over and over is going to get me responding with "are you fucking deaf?!"

Later yesterday, the hubby and I went down to one of our favorite fast food places to pick up dinner. Not too hard, quick walk down the street maybe 15 minutes and same time to walk back. Shouldn't be too long hopefully... one would think.
There were only two people in line ahead of us giving me enough time to figure out what I want. Placed the order and went to sit and wait for them to call the order number, when in walks two rejects from the mullet society. You really have to understand the "stupid" stereotype that is placed on these hairstyles and for the most part, the ones who wear it are truly ignoramus deluxe. These guys were no exception wearing mullets, stained t-shirts with the arms cut off, jeans and boots, talking loud. I've grown up around men and some women dressing and acting like that, not all of them but a small amount are why that stereotype was made. It's how they act and talk that tells you right away if they're a positive or negative influence on society and I found out with the first words out of these two men's mouths they were indeed "the stupid" negative influence.
Nobody is waiting in line, but the woman who was at the register asked them about taking their order and I hear "you gotta be kidding me" and then laughter. I'm trying to figure out what was so funny and what he would be saying that about when he asked her about "them mexican pizzas", which clued me in that he was just fucked up on his own accord. She took the order and they stood at the counter just talking away to each other, sounded like a whole pack of morons gibbering but it was clearly only two men.
I hear the order number I have been waiting on being called, and while I'm walking up to the register to pick it up one of those mullet freaks steps up and says "that's my order". When the woman told him it wasn't he started arguing with her, the hell man? I've never seen anyone argue over an order before at Taco Bell, but this guy clearly wanted to "bring it". I laughed at him and said "hang on to your britches man, your shit is coming up unless you wanna pay the $13 I put out on these tacos." He cocked his head at me and squinted which made me laugh more. "Are you laughing at me?" is what I hear, and of course the smart ass I am can not refuse a good answer "yes I am, are you confused?"
"Nah I'm good", shaking my head at that one because he's clearly noticed he has no wit to know what the hell just happened. Me on the other hand know all too well what happened and it's just not worth it to toy with the witless.

On the walk home, stupid showed up again in the form of some kid who was wandering around the street. I had already seen him walking around when we first left to walk up the street, then saw him again when we were walking home, standing around on the sidewalk outside of a church. We were about to cross the last street before getting to our section of lovely ghetto apartments (I call it that because sometimes it just seems like that), when I hear this voice yelling "i'm not following you so stop being so paranoid". I turn around and there's this kid again on the street across from us. What do I do? *insert evil grin here*
I flipped him off, because frankly my dear I don't give damn..end of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment