Monday, November 11, 2013

Pet peeve alert coming in! Yay another sarcastic report from me! Waaaaaaaaaaaa if you don't like it...anyways, here we go!

For the most part I love technology and the awesome advancements we have for communication, what I don't love is the overuse or abuse of it. In the library, in a doctor office, in a school building, at the police department, even at courthouses, there are signs posted about turning cell phones off or putting them on silent/vibrate only. Stupid people don't bother paying attention to those warnings and blab away like no body's business in those locations, and then get upset when an authority figure or employee tells them to get off the phone, turn it off or put it on silent/vibrate, then point to the signs that are posted about the building. There are some locations in hospitals where they are not allowed to be on or brought around at all, and yet Stupid does it anyways.

The last thing I want to hear or deal with is Stupid talking on their cell phone when I'm trying to shop or browse in a store. I don't want to hear or deal with Stupid talking on their cell phone when I'm at a fast food place waiting to place an order or pick it up. I definitely don't want to hear or deal with Stupid talking on their cell phone when I'm in line at the clinic to pick up my medication. Seriously?! Fuck you STUPID and your fucking cell phone! Oh how I wish I could incinerate them where they stand, make that phone just drop connection or make it completely dead, no service whatsoever..but that doesn't happen.

Normally I go to the clinic to pick up my medications around 8 or 9 am to avoid crowds and children. I can't stand bouncing off the wall children who want to run around me and make noise when the adult who brought them there should be making them sit still and provide something to keep them from making their own entertainment. Yes I'm a mean old grouch, but keep your monster spawn away from me, I'm tired of telling them I'm going to eat them if they don't stop staring or hitting my leg/arm/back. I actually do say that alot more than one would realize and have never had one adult approach me for being so horrible. Kinda makes me wonder if they even care about those children. Shrugs...not my problem.
I slept late this morning and since my husband has been warned to never wake me up unless he wants me snarling in his face (mainly because I go through phases where I can't sleep more than an hour or two and then crash at a later point where he has in the past woke me up to tell or ask me something that wasn't really necessary), he let me sleep until I got up on my own. I did wake up around 11:30 am and got dressed, but it was close to noon before we got into the clinic and I got to stand in the line to check in. Normally this line takes me about five minutes to get checked in but since it was later it took me half an hour. At first I thought the woman ahead of me was just talking without taking a breath to someone else in line, until I saw the cell phone in her ear. She went on and on and on about some guy, then proceeded to yell loudly "i'm at the clinic", before announcing she had another phone call coming in, then the next conversation and the one after that were the same shit over and over. I don't like waiting anyways, never have because it builds up some weird anxiety that I can't explain, but you combine the wait time, plus anxiety, plus extra anxiety I deal with every day, and then that non stop stalking bitch, I'm pretty much wanting to step forward and yank that phone from her and fling it into a wall. Add the heat coming in from an outside window to that and you have omg you need to die going on in my head. I was mumbling words and saying shit like "burn up in her hand, disconnect, drop the line, please for the love of all that is holy or unholy let that cell phone just die", and yet she kept on talking.
When it was her turn to go check in she finally hung the phone up and walked off to the seating area, guess where she sat? Right next to my husband! Out of all the empty seats, I counted six wide open, she sat right next to him. That made me even madder because now I was going to have to find new seating or jerk her ass up from that seat next to him. Luckily a guy got up and moved to another row so I went over to those two seats and motioned for my husband to come up there because "I'm not sitting anywhere near that fucking bitch who can't take five fucking seconds to get off that fucking phone!" I know I yelled it loud enough because people up front sitting down and people in the line had turned around to see what was going on. The blabber mouth just kept on yammering, I could hear her over the other people talking, so she was talking pretty loud by that time.

If you need to use your cell phone for business I get that you have calls coming in you should address, but go somewhere away from the crowd to take that call. If you have family or friends calling you can easily just call them back later when you're not inside a business, or just say you're doing something and you will call them back. If you're at the bus stop waiting for the metro to show up, is it necessary to yell at your club level voice about "that ho think he all that, i got news for him, this gir don't play that way!" Wtfe skank, like we wanna hear about some lame joker that attempted to pick you up and take on your fleas for a one night stand.

What I have done in the past for the ones that don't seem to give a fuck about how it effects others around them is the following:
cough loudly over and over, even pretending to gag and look as if i'm going to throw up on them.
knock shit over and then excitedly cry over and over "omg did i do that? i'm so sorry, i hope that doesn't cause any problems".
start talking louder than they are about anything, including pink elephants, purple dinosaurs, singing the i love you song by barney, i'm a little teapot, and my favorite, you're fucking stupid talking on that cell phone like anyone gives a shit what you have to say.
a few others that involved loud noise or me bumping into them then yelling omg i'm so sorry so loud it made my own ears hurt.

Those kind of things get the cell phone user irate, and have often been told "shut the fuck up, what the hell is your problem, i'm talking here, go the fuck away, god you're a dumb ass", etc. Every time I have to tell them that if they could do their socializing somewhere else instead of the fucking store or inside the gas station/fast food place, that I wouldn't have to resort to being as annoying as they are.

Seriously is it that hard for people to show respect when out in public, or do they need to be chewed up and spit out by hateful mean people like me to show them they were the one out of line first.
Not even gonna try to wrap my head around that one because there is not enough alcohol or weed on this planet to make any of that bullshit make sense.

Just be careful. The holidays are creeping in slowly and "the stupid" are gathering again in their home towns or where family lives to infest your zen. Zombie weapons in place ya'll, it's gonna get ugly! Oh wait it already has ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment